Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Ask Me No Questions #6


"We've always been told to never say a word about our status. We can have friends at school, even hang out after with them. But we were taught to keep to ourselves." (page 68)


I found this few sentences kind of sad, the reason I say that is because I have been taught not to be closed in but to be able to share things with people that are close to me. I think it would be hard to keep everything of my life hidden inside me. I'm always telling my best friends about whats going on in my life and I can't imagine not being able to. Well I guess if you grow up custom to that it's just known not to do that, because you don't want to blow your cover. I wonder if people would still be very secretive if the United States was more casual about letting people from other countries immigrate here?

No comments:

Post a Comment