Sunday, March 1, 2009

Ask Me No Questions #2



"Aisha's words sting. My weight is a sore subject in our house. Ma says I'm just a little big for my age. But the clinic doctor says I have to cut back on candy and milk sweets and get more exercise." (page 26)

I do agree. Aisha's words do sting. When it comes to weight and health problems that could be a big issue for someone. It's so hard to listen to someone like your sister call other people out, saying their overweight and judging them by the color of their skin, that they have diabetes or high blood pressure. First of all she has no idea what's going on in these peoples life so its hard to judge them by their looks on the outside. Maybe they look horrible on the outside but on the inside they could be one of the sweetest people. I think It would be extremely hard for Nadira to listen to Aisha say such crude things to people when she sometimes is concerned about her weight. I think that Nadira should ask her sister to help her with her weight and encourage her not to judge others by their looks on the outside but to get to know people more on the inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment